Newbury Roofing Ltd is committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (by the Data Protection Act 1998). This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Data about your computer, on your visits to and use of our website, which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of your stay and number of page views.
- Information that you provide to us when using our contact form.
- Information that you provide to us when subscribing to our website services, email notifications and newsletters.
- Any other information that you need to send to us.
Cookies are a kind of short-term memory for the web. They are stored in your browser and enable a site to 'remember' little bits of information between pages or visits.
They are widely used to make the web experience more personal, generally seen as a positive thing. However, some cookies collect data across many websites, creating 'behavioural profiles' of people. These profiles can then be used to decide what content or adverts to show you.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until removed by you, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your data
We may use your personal information to:The personal data that we collect is:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have expressly agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information by the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing.
Also, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. International data transfers
The information supplied by you may be used by countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
Also, personal information that you submit for publication on the website may be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
6. Security of your data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually expressly agree in advance to our use of your data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your information for marketing purposes.)
9, Third party websites
newburyroofing.com contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Write to us at:
- Data Protection Officer
- Station Road
- RG14 1RD
- Email us:
Send a message to us via our contact form on the contact page of this website.